Thursday, June 07, 2012

Butterfly Fart...

So my doctor said that I might feel the baby at 16 weeks (I'm 17 weeks), although as a new parent it was unlikely that I would recognize the feeling. In further reading, many people said that it would feel like a butterfly flutter. Huh? How does that feel? You mind as well descibe it as feeling like a butterfly fart..since I don't know what either of those would feel like.

Other sources did say that it might feel like gas or like you are hungry. I am 98% sure that I felt the baby moving yesterday. What is interesting is that sources say that it is not just a kick or punch, that at this stage, they are so small that what you are feeling is their whole body moving...INCREDIBLE!

On another note, I went to my chiropractor today. She is so great. Firstly, the service is amazing! And it felt good to feel her excitement for my new stage in life. She had some many tips (like using a towel under my tummy now as a pillow might be too big...to showing me how to get out of bed so I don't strain my oblique muscles which would lead to back pain). She even gave me some recommendations for products that will make breastfeeding easier. She was so positive!

I left her office feeling like I was on top of the world. After leaving her office, I started to think. You know how people say that some people are born runners, swimmers, etc. Well I realized that I was born for this...for childbirth. God gave me everything I needed to do this. And on top of that, he gave me the opportunity to carry this little life. So for all the people that think that pregnancy is a disability...or think that I can't do anything becasue I am pregnant..I say, "BACK UP!" So in honor of my energy and new realization, I came straight into work and watched this video!

Who are we...what do we run?...we run the world! Who run this...MOMS!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...