Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Government Shutdown: Furlough Diary - Day 1

 Well as many of you know...I am a federal worker. Actually many of you likely kinda knew that but forgot. Anywho...I am on furlough. I count this as day 1..but this is actually the second day of the furlough. I won't go into all the details of the gov shutdown (e.g. how many times it has happened...what it means, etc.). I will say that it makes me SOOO mad that our government officials can cause so much disruption to so many lives AND still keep their jobs.

Anyway, what am I doing in my "free" time? Well today I dropped Seth off at school. This was a treat since Sean usually drops him off. I hung out with him and his class for about an hour and then went to a spin class at the Kraft Family YMCA. I thought I could get a free guest pass...only to find out they don't exist. The lady was nice though and just let me do the class.




After spin I went home and changed clothes so I could make my 1pm hair appt. Before going to my hair appt though..I just had to stop and see Seth sleeping. Other than my stalker tendencies...I love to watch him sleep. Although neither of those was the reason I stopped by. I stopped because I wanted to see him in his cot. He just transitioned to the toddler room...and they don't sleep in cribs there..and they have a structured nap time...neither of which I could imagine. So I went by and lo and behold, Seth was the first one down for his nap and was sleeping peacefully.



After I got my hair done, I went to pick Seth up from school (that made 3 visits in one day). We hung out, ate a snack and once dad got home, I got ready for taekwondo. Let me say spin class and tkd in the same day = not a good idea. I made it through though. Went home, had dinner, watched TV, washed bottles..and that was it.



It was a good day except I am worried that the whole shutdown thing will not be resolved quickly :(

2 comments:

Gobreal said...

I hope they figure things out soon. Until then, enjoy! ;)

Gabe

Ladyvet said...

Me too! thanks Gabe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...