Monday, September 23, 2013

Keeping up...




I really am having a hard time keeping up with blogging lately. A LOT has been going on. I am not sure if I mentioned it, but I recently became President of the American Association of Food Safety Veterinarians. I don’t think this position would normally be very stressful, except our main support person took on a new job and has not had time for his position. So in the mist of being new, I’m new and drowning.
Then I recently got elected to a council for the American Veterinary Medical Association. A position that has taken me to Chicago 3 times already this year. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and wonder what the heck I was thinking about when saying yes to all these things.

Then there is black belt training. I went to another black belt seminar on the 7th. I told Sean that I left the seminar not wanting to cry (I’ll count that as a win). Then I went out of town to Colorado Sept 9th – 13th for training. With all the flooding, I barely made my flight on the 13th. I was soooo happy to be home…until I remembered I signed up for a TKD tournament for the 14th. I actually did pretty ok. I only competed against teenagers, which Sean thinks is impressive. It just makes me feel old. I did get 2nd place in forms (I might have been robbed) and 1st place in power breaking (Sean took a video of this…and other than looking fat I did pretty well).


Seth has been growing like a stinkin weed! Today he moved up to the toddler transition room. This is a room of babies that are 12-14 months old. Babies who either just started walking or are trying to walk. There will be no cribs in this room and they have a scheduled nap along with some other small changes.
His first day in Toddler Transition Room. No, he is not walking, he just has really good balance and stands on his own
 
Seth has been doing so many new things; it’s hard to mention them all. He walks (assisted) really well, yesterday he pointed for the first time (I almost fainted from the excitement), and we are pretty sure he associates da with Sean and “d” with zeva. It’s a small difference in the two…but it is pretty consistent. He eats pretty well, especially yo-baby yogurt (he LOVES that stuff). I forgot to send some to school once, and the teacher begged me to bring more because Seth would harass other kids thinking it was his yogurt.

4 comments:

Renee & Neil said...

That's all wonderful news! Congratulations on Everything!!!
(Hey Munchkin!)

Ladyvet said...

Seth sends a hug :)

Anonymous said...

Whew! You've got a lot goin' on girl! :) I will pray for you to find time for all these things and not get overwhelmed or burned out! Seth is more and more handsome all the time! :)

Ladyvet said...

Thank you so much hon!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...