The following is a story about a dog I found…
It all started when I was on my way out to pick up some toys
for Seth. I frequent facebook buy/sell/trade groups and get steals on toys. Most of
Seth’s toys are used..but I swear you wouldn’t know it. So I leave home and as
I leave our subdivision I see this dog. There was not an owner in site, so I
went in to action.
I jumped out of the car and coaxed the dog in (it really did
not take much). I took a pic and headed home. Now keep in mind I had just left
the house, so when I showed up again Sean was a bit confused. Then he looked
outside and asked why there was a dog in the car. I told him how I found it and
was going to locate it’s owner. Now, Sean had just given me an hour to pick up
these toys and come back home because he had homework to do. So I can’t imagine
what was going through his mind. In spite of this he commended me for being a
good samaritan. I posted the pic on a few facebook groups and headed back out
(me and the random dog). I did not want to leave it at the house for Sean to
have to deal with…so I just took him with me.
I went to a few houses in the subdivision across the
street..asking people if they had ever seen the dog. After going to five houses
with no luck, I just took him with me. I went to the first house to pick up
toys…jumped out the car, picked up the toys from the porch, left the money….turned around and the dog was sitting
in front of me. OH CRAP!!! I left the door to the car open. Now for someone who
lost their own dog when I first got her, I realized I did not have the best
track record. How sucky would it be for me to lose a dog I just found…20 miles
+ from where I found him :/
So the dog decided he wanted to pee on everything outside
and that he was not interested in getting back in the car. In my near panic
state, I decided to use a trick I use on Zeva many times. I offered him a treat
I did not have. THAT DID THE TRICK!! He got in the car ::whew::
By this time, I had gotten a few offers for folks to keep
him overnight (since I mentioned that I could not). In the end I lucked up. As
I was leaving my neighborhood I decided to stop at another house and asked if
they had seen this dog…and they did! Right next door to them. I went to the
house and the lady cried! She said it was her husband’s dog..and he was
deployed. She was happy..and the kids were ecstatic! Good thing I did not lose
him :)


1 comments:
It's so awesome that you took time out of your busy schedule to help that dog be reunited with his family.
Post a Comment