We had a blast this weekend! We did our first 5k and it was a nice one to cut our teeth on! We ran in the Color Mania 5k. It is a new fad of running that is non-timed and meant to be fun fun fun! There are color stations at each kilometer (or there abouts). It is kind of like a soul train line where you get doused with color. At the end of the run, they have color throws every 20 mins or so (see pick and video below). Everyone gets a color packet at the end of the race. After doing this race, I learned that the idea of the color throwing comes from the Hindu concept of spring color festival (Holi). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi
Since this is not a timed race, it was a perfect one to start with. We had more fun than I thought we would, although the terrain had quite a bit of loose gravel. While we were at the race, our neighbor Renee and her husband watched Seth. Seth loved it! I don't think I have ever seen our son so mellow. I mean he is a pretty mellow kid...but he was really loving the cuddles he was getting from Renee. When I pick him up at daycare he is excited to see me, when we came to pick him up from Renee's he did not give us a second look...lol! We are so grateful (thanks Renee and Neil!). So we all had an excellent Saturday!
Sunday was my b-day (I finally turned 30..thought the day would never come!). Flashback to Friday..Sean brought me home some lobster bisque from Sullivans that I have been talking about now for weeks. And then on Sunday he brought me some hot cheesecake from Flights (both my favs...thanks Shaun ...she introduced me to both restaurants). I also got a much needed gift certificate to a spa.
Overall with the weather, the run, time with friends (went to a baby shower on Sunday), and birthday freebies (started cashing in on those on Thursday) it was a great weekend!





2 comments:
Oh man, my fanny pack bulge is showing... ::Facepalm:: secret is out.
It was not a fanny pack..lol!!
Post a Comment