Friday, October 12, 2012

Freak Out!

So I am 35 weeks along..yay! We (meaning Sean) have been working so hard to get everything done. This past weekend Sean managed to finish painting the nursery, put the crib together and put the glider together. We are doing a wall decal, and will install that next, along with putting together the bookshelf. We have been on the hunt for a few other furniture items to make organization a bit easier. I managed to find a few items I really liked at Target, but their shipping prices make me want to shank someone! I mean, I looked at ordering $50 worth of furniture (two small closetmaid organizers) and Target wants to charge me $35 in shipping!! Say what!! And some how this contributed to me freaking out...it was a trigger of sorts.

Poor Sean! So he has done all this work in the nursery (which in his words, he thought would buy him time until the baby came) <-- really? So I contacted him on Wednesday freaking out. Nothing is done...that is what I said. I'm sure he was confused. And so I list all this stuff that still needs to be done, whilst my hubby is still not convinced. One of the items that has been stressing me is the labor and post-partum bag. Not sure why this is a source of stress, but it was. And then I am not done with my birth plan...and by the way, the little guy (I actually edited this because someone pointed out to me that I said his name when we claimed we are not disclosing it...I am really going to have to go ahead and share it!) can come at any moment and we don't even have a mattress for him. So Sean listens patiently while I break down. He instructs me to go home and relax and not to worry about anything including dinner. Later that night he comes home with a few items that are to included in the labor bag and make steak, baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner....yum!!



Anyway, in spite of my melt down...I think we are doing well as far as timeline. I plan on getting our bags packed this weekend, along with installing the car seat.

 
So how is the little one? Well maybe not so little. We are getting a growth ultrasound done on Tuesday because my belly is measuring outside normal. It might be fluid or he might just be a big baby..we shall get a sense of it on Tuesday. Sean's office started a baby pool, so I decided to start one at work as well. The latest date people have guessed for him to come is on Nov 15th and the largest weight was 8lbs 8oz (made by my boss). I know Sean's pool looks better..but for the record he did not make it. :)

Pool from Sean's job

Pool from my job

Overall though, we are both doing well. My blood pressure is well, I am getting some sleep and have overall been feeling good. My feet still swell beyond human limits, but I manage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...