Get your hands in the air and fist pump with me...yeah!!! Why the excitement? No, the baby is not here yet...but I am excited anyway! Why?! I slept last night! Yes, the most restful deep sleep I have had in a while!
For the past several days, I have had the most crappy sleep. First of all, to turn over in the night, it felt like a needed a crane. On top of that, my side would go numb if I stayed on one side for too long. And then if that was not enough, sometimes I would just wake up in the middle of the night, fully awake and not be able to fall back asleep. Although most of this recently started (not sleeping comfortably), the waking and being fully awake has been happening for a while. This bothers me because I have always been someone who could sleep anywhere. I was on the concert choir in college and could easily sleep through my choral members singing "Total Praise" in the back of the bus.
Now back to the amazing sleep I had last night. First let me say, I am pretty sure I did not look comfortable. I had a mound of pillows to my back. Sean looked at me before bed and was like, "Are you sleeping with all those pillows?" And my reply, "Yep!". He then climbed over them to give me a good night kiss. Once I was settled in, the sandman came quickly. Now my great sleep was not perfect sleep. When I got up to go to the bathroom, it was a feat to get back comfortable. First, I ordered the crane to lower me down, then I relocated my six pillows, swing over the legs and belly, push out buttocks, rearrange the pillows…(did I just kick the dog?). Place another pillow under belly, do the macarana...and ::sigh:: off to sleep. All of this just proves to me that pregnancy not only prepares your little one for life outside the womb, but prepares you as well.
But it was worth it becasue I woke up this morning singing this song and doing this dance...
3 comments:
Roflol! Your commentary is hilarious! However, I'm glad you got some rest. You know what that meand, the baby is coming very soon! Woohoo!
=) Great post sweets. It was great to see you this morning when you finally came out from behind your barricade of pillows.
LOL! @ Sonya, yes he will be here in no time! ::excited::
Post a Comment