Doctor's visits - So I knew that I would have quite a few doctors visits. But I always imagined that I would get to see my little bean at every appointment. WRONG!!! Most of these visits seem a little boring (although I know they are important). And more so, I never really gave it much thought that I would have to see ALL the doctors in the practice, in case my doctor is not on call (what, he can't come in especially for me..so selfish!). So that has been a little annoying because I go to my doctor because I like him...and I can't say that for all the other doctors.
Using the restroom - Ok, I knew I would pee alot...but OMG I never thought I would pee this much! For goodness sakes, I had to go pee in the middle of a movie! And often times in the middle of church service..and on and on. But put this together with the fact that it is getting increasingly harder to squat..and you got yourselves a problem...LOL!
People are not really that much nicer - I recently traveled to DC. I was on the metro one morning and noticed all the seats were taken. So I poked my little pregnant belly out a little more...thinking smugly to myself, "someone will give me their seat.. I won't be standing for long" WRONG!!! I had to stand and sway with everyone else. I tried to reassure myself that people are not selfish and that maybe they did not notice I was pregnant. But c'mon, have you seen this belly. There is no denying that this is a pregnant belly.
Sleep deprivation - I really hate to add this one in because I have been sleeping really well. But I can't get a solid eight hours of sleep since I get up and pee multiple times. Not to mention I still find myself on my back and it freaks me out. And last but not least are the freaky vivid dreams. I cannot begin to explain them. They are all types of subjects but the thing that remains that same is how vivid they are! Not to mention that I can do things in these dreams that I have not been able to do in others. The one thing I remember being able to do..is to effectively beat someone up in my dream (no Sean did not wake with bruises..lol!). Usually in dreams I move like I am moving through water and so fighting is hard. Not anymore!! Watch out sandman!!
Things you can't see - I have only heard of people not being able to see their feet. So how surprised was I to find out that there are other things that you can't see. I won't outright say it..but I will say that trying to shave your bikini line is quite difficult these days...lol!
Lightning crotch - Never heard of it? Then good for you! Let me tell you, nothing is better than being kicked in your who-ha by your unborn baby! And just try to keep a straight face when it happens in public. The fun part is, he has not even moved into position for delivery..so this will likely get worse :(
Uncontrollable drooling - I don't know the science behind this but I do know that I am drooling alot more, especially at night. Although I have been known (ask Sean) to drool while I'm awake...sad but true.
Well this is getting quite long, so I might have to do a part II.
Overall though, these ailments are small in scale and I thank God for blessing my pregnancy thus far :)



7 comments:
Even though I haven't been pregnant, I laughed through this whole post! I know I shouldn't cause I know it will happen to me soon!
I don't blame you for laughing...and yes you will go through some of the same things. It is all a rights of passage into the hood...motherhood! I know that was lame..but I thought it was funny...lol!!
Roflol. Freaking hilarious! Love it.
Wait till you get to my point in pregnancy. I LITERALLY go to the bathroom every 30-45 minutes at night. And it's only at night...weird.
"Lightening Crotch" scared the bajesus out of me the first time it happened. He only did it when my bladder was full!!! It was like he was mad it was in his space. Now that he's in position he can't reach it :-D
I am so excited for you San! You are so close! Good to know he will be off my bladder soon. I thought it would get worse once he got in position. Good to know that is not the case :)
Women have it so rough... I held my laughter (to a minimum hehe) out of respect. Great post sweets!
Had a dream last night that I was talking to Lucille Ball...WTH?!
Post a Comment