Sunday Sean and I saw something akin to a bigfoot sighting. I mean it was something that is whispered about, something that if you look on snopes it listed as plausible. It is as exciting as seeing the lochness monster but as scary as running into the abominable snowman..it's the 4 HOUR NAP!
It all began Sunday on our way back home from church. I turned to check on Seth and he was out. I kicked myself becasue I forgot to remove his jacket before putting him in the car seat...which meant that I might wake him when I took it off to put him in his crib. Because I have tried twice to transfer him from car to crib with no luck, I passed this task to Sean.
Once we got home, I decided it might be best to try teamwork. So I helped Sean take the coat off and he went upstairs with Seth. As I prayed that he would come down without Seth in his arms, he emerged..VICTORIOUS!
I was not counting on a long nap, so I decided to wash a load of clothes and Sean opted for a nap. After putting some clothes in the washing machine, I sat and relaxed with a book. After about an hour, Sean emerged from his nap. Now Seth went down at 11am and once 1pm came I just knew he would be up. I was using him as an indicator for when I should get dressed for my 1:30pm Zumba class. When 1:15pm rolled around, I gave Sean instructions for lunch and got dressed for my class. I happily went to Zumba knowing my little one would be awake when I got back home.
I got back home at around 2:45pm. When I came in the house I looked past Sean, and then listened....no Seth. "Where's Seth?"
Sean then told me that he was still asleep. WHAT?! Have you checked on him. Sean told me he had checked on him several times. finally at 3pm we decided to wake him up. Once awake we checked for a fever...but he seemed fine. He even went to bed on time.
We are not sure what cause such a long nap. Unfortunately we were unprepared for it and therefore did not take full advantage. Honestly it worried me more than made me happy. I'm sure it's as elusive as finding bigfoot...but that's ok with us.


0 comments:
Post a Comment