The family reunion usually starts with a cookout at a local park (the kids love this). This year I was a little skeptical about whether we would be able to follow through with this part of the reunion since it was storming in the area. Fortunately it cleared up in time and the food was delish! We did not get to play all the games Fonna had planned, but enjoyed ourselves playing cards and just hanging out.
The next day Sean and I took the morning (which was free time) and went to the Georgia Aquarium. The Georgia Aquarium opened in 2005 while I was still in vet school and I did not get a chance to visit before I graduated. The aquarium is the world's largest aquarium with more than 8.5 million gallons of water and houses 120,000 animals of 500 different species. The aquarium's notable animals include four young whale sharks, four beluga whales, eleven bottlenose dolphins, three great hammerhead sharks, and four manta rays. The highlight of the visit for me was the dolphin show..it was so fun! Dolphins are so amazing!!
Last but certainly not least is the family banquet. I don't know how long this tradition has been going on..but I am sure Fonna pushed the bar up this year. The program was very well put together and was very well excuted. The food was delish and the DJ did a great job. The highlight of the evening (I might be a little bias) is our speaker (and my friend) Marvin J Nunnally. Marvin J is so energetic and always tells it like it is! Another special part of the banquet was when we honored my cousin (I call her Auntie) Wanda. Wanda is a breast cancer survivor and deserves every bit of recognition. Not for just battling cancer but for just being a wonderful person. She is so giving and just such a genuin person. I love her so much and was estatic that Fonna honored her this year! The night ended with plenty of dancing (a few dance battles ensued).



0 comments:
Post a Comment